Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Cozy Block 4

 After ripping out and re-cutting my half-square triangle blocks several times I finally used the new ruler that I mentioned in a previous post, to square them up.... Success!!!  Not only did the blocks come out perfect, but the whole block assembled came out perfect.  First one ever for me.  And look at those points on the outside edges... Yay, there is a 1/4" left on ea. of them...


Now I"m going to tell you why I think that this is... My old ruler had me open the half-square triangle blocks and then square it up.  Because I suffer from Myasthenia Gravis, my muscles are to weak to hold the ruler firm enough to not slip and slide a touch while trimming.  The seam of the block would always cause the ruler to rock a bit.  I tried adding velcro dots to it, and other things, but it would still be unsteady.  With the new ruler, you keep your half-square triangle block folded into the triangle shape and it lays perfectly flat.  It didn't slip a bit on all these blocks and ea. block when trimmed was perfectly square to size.  What a difference it made.  I highly recommend this ruler to anyone who suffers from weakness in their hands and arms.  It makes a world of difference.  The link to it is on the Right side of the page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.