Tuesday, July 6, 2021

RV Quilting/Crafting 2021

I have been thinking of moving my sewing area from the small slide out to the larger one in the RV all winter long.  It’s amazing the things we put off, for what ever reason, only to find it doesn’t take that much time or effort to just get it done. 

So here it is, my re-organized workspace. 

My biggest problem in the smaller slide out was the cutting space.  (Which also served as my office space).  Now I have two cutting spaces, and my office is out of the way to the far left.

I am using basic furniture I already had.  A fold up table serves as: office, cricut / papercrafting zone;

The original RV dining table serves as my main cutting table;

An old, repurposed desk, serves as my sewing cabinet;My treadle machine sits to the left of my sewing station and allows me to use my small pressing matt to the right of my sewing… and since I’m right handed, this is just perfect. I can also put my design board there in easy reach.

I did buy two wire rolling shelves, which can slide under the space near my tv.  (see photo to the right).  One holds my sewing supplies the other my hand work (embroidery, cross stitching).  I don’t need all this out all the time, so it’s nice to just roll them under and out of the way. 

There is a table top I made from a pc. of laminated wood (photo below), cut to fit the space between the wall and the end of the tables.  I just laid it on top of the end of the folding table and the treadle machine .. it adds additional counter space to keep all those handy tools off and away from my work spaces.


Sorry these photo's are so dark... My RV sits under a large carport, so it is a bit dark in here.  I'll be adding additional led lighting in the near future to brighten up my work area.

I have stored all my current projects under the tables. 




At the end of the two tables I put my peg board that holds my rulers, and accuquilt go dies.  I screwed this into the end of the sewing cabinet to hold it in place but didn’t attach it to the dining table as I didn’t want to put holes into it. 


I still have a cozy couch area to sit and watch tv, and plan on buying an ottoman with storage inside to put my current hand work project inside and store there.  I also want to add a floor stand magnifying lamp for my handwork to stand next to the couch, so I can just sit back and enjoy working on projects in my cozy spot.  I think my couch needs a couch topper and a few pillows to change out with the seasons, don’t you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.