Saturday, May 2, 2020

It's May Already

Catch up time again.  April just flew by , but then that is what happens when your busy and having fun.  I don't know about you but this lockdown stuff doesn't bother me in the least... Less traffic going by, great time to go for scenic drives,  taking nature photo's, going for walks in the woods, or just staying home quilting, gardening, baking and all around crafting.  The only thing I miss is shopping without a mask, and looking at my fabric in person to match my colors and prints rather then ordering it online all the time.  But I"m an introvert anyway, so there is no place I'd rather be then where there is peace, quiet and in my own little space.

I have four projects I'm sharing this month...YAHOO!!!
 With a few medical setbacks, I'm behind on my QAL's but very happy I"ve accomplished what i have while i was feeling well enough to work.

 I have been following along with Pat Sloan on YouTube putting together the "Stay At Home Quilt", a daily Sewalong for April.  I decided to give mine a little twist - but will give you all a sneak peek.  That's all I"m going to say for now, but it is going to be a real surprise when it's revealed.



Monday's, I'm following along with Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville.

 Her weekly QAL project right now is a Mystery called "Unity". Here's the center.


Wasn't sure I"d like my color choices at first, but as soon as this first block came together I knew it was all going to work out just fine. : ) 


Wednesday's are The Charming Baby QAL.  I'm following along with Pat Sloan on YouTube, but you can also get all the details at Pats Blog "Here".  This is a sampler quilt using a block out of each quilt found within  Melissa Cory's Charming Baby Quilt book.   The fabric I'm using is "Safari Life" by Stacy Lest for Moda Farbics.  Will be a great child's quilt no matter if it's a boy or girl.  Can you just picture a little stuffed animal to go with it?  How about a teal Elephant or Big Giraffe! 



 

Friday's I"m doing the "Baskets and More Baskets" QAL over at Pattern Pastiche - Quilt Pattern Magazine.  I'm a bit behind on these as well due to this illness but these are so quick to do, that I can easily do two blocks in one morning.  I feel the blocks themselves are missing something. What do you think ... Applique, embroidery, or should I just wait and see once I have more of them done?

Hugs and Stay Safe, Rhonda







1 comment:

  1. I love all the quilt alongs you have happening at your place! Your Unity colors/fabrics are great together. The center block is stunning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.